FAANG refers to the best performing tech stocks on the market. FAANG stocks have displayed excellent growth in the last two years, and even in volatile times they typically recover and produce long term results.
With lower prices today, it’s possible to obtain some of the largest growth stocks at bargain prices. Here are the options in the first full week of November trading.
- Facebook: (NASDAQ: FB) – Facebook has endured privacy scandals and big selloffs in 2018. Despite this, the company is being managed well and revenue is still growing. Although Facebook stock is unpopular today (at least in the context of its history), it could be a good investment with the potential for a rebound when the market rallies.
- Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) – Apple has stumbled in the last week, despite reporting strong numbers in the last quarterly earnings report. Investors sold due to slightly lower than expected forecasts for the holiday quarter. Despite fickle investors dropping out of the stock, Apple is still one of the best performers on the stock market and the most valuable stock overall. Stock is down -7.49% over the last month, making a strong proposition to buy.
- Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) – Amazon is the best performing FAANG stock this year, generating a 42.42% increase in stock value year to date. Amazon’s consistent revenue generation and continued expansion make it a popular investment. Stock is down -11.86% for the last 30 days, and the lower price represents a good option for those who want a top tier growth stock.
- Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) – Netflix dropped -12.03% in the last month of high volatility, yet it’s still tracking at 61.02% growth for the year so far. Increased subscriber numbers and consistent revenue growth over the last four years make it extremely popular with people who want to invest in the bleeding edge of the tech sector. Netflix is well positioned to continue its growth into 2019.
- Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL) – Shares in Alphabet, Google’s parent company, have underperformed this year, but have still managed growth of 2.05% when measuring the last 12- months. Lower prices are not reflective of company fiscal performance, representing a good opportunity for investors who are interested in long term growth and dividends.
Each FAANG stock is backed by an innovative company with a strong position in its market. FAANG stocks are some of the hardest hit when there’s general market uncertainty, but they’re also some of the biggest growers when things pick up.
FAANG stocks are found in some of the most successful investment portfolios, and a downtrend in the market should be carefully considered as an opportunity to buy.
You may be interested
Job Hiring is Picking Up as Employers and Consumers Gain ConfidenceLamont J - March 29, 2021
The recent government stimulus for small and medium-sized businesses, personal stimulus checks, and declining Coronavirus cases, are all great news…
Fed Could Maintain 0% Interest Rate Until 2024Adam R - March 26, 2021
The Federal Reserve is holding its target interest rate in a range of 0.00% - 0.25%, even while the economy…