The Dallas Business Journal seeks a journalist who wants to thrive in a breaking news environment.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of social media and daily newsletters, the digital producer curates, edits, reports and writes posts – as well as produce interactive features and galleries – that are timely, compelling and drive audience engagement.
The digital producer is also responsible for assisting with plans for editorial events, with a focus on the long-tail effect of content that drives engagement for events across all platforms.
The job requires solid news judgment, strong editing and writing skills, plus familiarity with SEO and website analytics. To succeed in this role, the digital producer must balance the highest standards for content with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package, plus the opportunity to advance your career. We employ a hybrid setup that includes two work-from-home days selected by the employee. And, unlike other newspapers in Dallas-Fort Worth, the Business Journal doesn’t charge our journalists monthly fees to park at our brand-new office in Uptown.
Recent graduates with business news internships are encouraged to apply. Your application should include your resume, best clips and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in joining our team.
- Produces relevant, engaging online content
- Executes daily strategy to maximize reader engagement with newsletters, including NTX Inno
- Ensures a steady diet of original content is published throughout the day
- Tracks metrics and measures engagement with an eye toward growth, quality control and pacing to monthly goals
- Manages main social media feeds with the goal of extending the Business Journal brand and building audience engagement
Skills & experience
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Well-versed with social media engagement
- SEO experience
- Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features a plus
- HTML and video production skills are a plus
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply: https://bit.ly/3wor5mF
Image and article originally from talkingbiznews.com. Read the original article here.