It has been almost a full year since Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) announced their iPhone X smartphone. The latest and current flagship model in the iPhone range, this phone was the culmination of five years of development. It brought new features (at least for Apple), such as facial recognition, an all-screen design, and a new display technology that the company had never used before.
With strong sales, the iPhone X had a role in sending investor confidence skyward. Today, Apple is a $1 Trillion company. The high market capitalization is proof that Apple is one of the strongest growth stocks of this era.
Now Apple is preparing to refresh their product lineup, with several announcements expected at a developer’s conference tomorrow.
What’s on the Horizon for Apple new iPhone?
New products lead to brand hype, increased sales, stronger revenue performance, and potential stock price increases. The following announcements are expected at Apple’s event on Wednesday the 12th of September.
- The popular iPhone X is expected to receive an upgrade that will remove the fingerprint sensor and home button. Gestures and facial recognition will be used instead. Apple’s incremental upgrade is likely to be called the iPhone XS.
- iPhone ‘Plus’ models are expected to be phased out. iPhone will use ‘Max’ branding instead, with a 6.8” iPhone XS Max model in the pipeline. This model will appeal to the phablet market, which is currently dominated by Samsung devices.
- Lower priced iPhone models are likely to be announced. Apple will bring 2017’s features such as facial recognition and edge-to-edge displays to non-X models.
- The Apple Watch is now three years old. Newer models are anticipated, with larger screens and a slight design refresh. Functionality and compatibility will remain the same as the original Apple Watch.
- The model XS has been tagged for a retail price of $999. This continues the trend of increasing prices for Apple’s luxury devices. High margins could make the newest models extremely profitable for the company.
If You’re an Investor, You Need to Follow the News
Investment decisions for Apple shouldn’t be made solely on financial performance. It’s also important to follow the product lines closely. Apple is a device focused company, even as their services division expands.
In-depth knowledge of Apple device releases can help investors to predict stock movement and company performance. If Apple does the expected with a slew of product refreshes tomorrow, then it is likely that stock will climb this week.
You may be interested
Job Hiring is Picking Up as Employers and Consumers Gain ConfidenceLamont J - March 29, 2021
The recent government stimulus for small and medium-sized businesses, personal stimulus checks, and declining Coronavirus cases, are all great news…
Fed Could Maintain 0% Interest Rate Until 2024Adam R - March 26, 2021
The Federal Reserve is holding its target interest rate in a range of 0.00% - 0.25%, even while the economy…