Gannett, America’s largest newspaper chain laid off employees across its newsrooms across the country. The affected outlets include:
- The Athens (Georgia) Banner-Herald
- (South Texas) Caller-Times
- Columbia (Missouri) Daily Tribune
- Ventura County Star
- Cloud (Minnesota) Times
- Monroe (Louisiana) News-Star
- Billerica (Massachusetts) Minuteman, (Milwaukee) Journal Sentinel
- Panama City (Florida) News-Herald
- (Kentucky) Courier Journal
- Gadsden Times
- Tuscaloosa News
- Montgomery Advertiser
As per reports, Gannet’s revenue fell 7 percent from the same time last year to nearly $749 million while its operating expenses increased to nearly $770 million.
Read the full story here.
Image and article originally from talkingbiznews.com. Read the original article here.